Making a Payment
Normally, there are a number of convenient ways that you can pay an invoice or send us money on account, and our regular methods of payment are below.
However, during the current COVID-19 pandemic, our options have been more limited, owing to the need for some of our team to work remotely. Although we are able to accept and process cheques, we would ask our clients to please pay by bank transfer wherever possible. We are also able to take card payments by phone, and you can call our finance team on 01562 540908. We can also take payments in person at our Stourbridge office, but by appointment only. Please see our re-opening update for more details here.
Normal methods of payment:
By Visa Debit card, either by telephone, in person at any of our offices, or online, following one of the below links. Please note that we can only accept a card payment of up to £1,000.
By cheque, payable to Talbots Law, either by post or hand delivered to any of our offices.
By cash, in person, at any of our offices (please note that we can only accept a payment of up to £350 in cash).
By bank transfer to the account number and sort code which you will find detailed at the bottom of your invoice.
But whichever method you choose, please quote your unique reference number so that we can allocate the money against your bill easily and quickly. Your unique reference number will be in this format, SAEV/987654, i.e. 4 letters/6 numbers and can either be found at the top left of your invoice, or on any correspondence from us. If you can’t easily find this information, please request it from your solicitor or a member of their team.
Do not use our online facility to pay completion monies - please be aware that online payments can take up to 4 days to clear into our account and must be in GBP Sterling.
Please choose one of the following options in order to make an online payment using our secure payment page.
How we protect your information:
- We use industry standard technology to encrypt your details as they pass over the internet and to enable your browser to confirm that it's really our site that you're using.
- We use secure certificates issued by SecureTrust.
- On any page where you are entering personal details, you will see the closed padlock icon that tells you the page is protected (see below). If you are using a very old or unsupported browser (eg; Internet Explorer 6.0) you will not be able to connect to these secure pages. In that case, please upgrade to a supported browser (eg; a modern version of IE, Chrome, Opera, Safari or Firefox).
- Padlock positions:
- IE - Left of the refresh icon in the address bar
- Opera - Far right in the address bar
- Chrome, Safari, Firefox - Left of the page URL in the address bar
- Padlock positions:
If you share your PC or use a facility in a public place - Make sure you are not overlooked as you enter your details and close the browser window and, if applicable, log off when you have finished.
For more information please contact us