Philippa is a solicitor in the Dispute Resolution Department specialising in contentious probate and trust disputes.
Philippa deals with a broad spectrum of contentious probate disputes including Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 disputes; will validity disputes; proprietary estoppel/constructive trust claims; actions to remove and/or substitute executors and trustees; ancillary probate disputes and trust disputes.
Her recent work includes:
- Representing a client in their Inheritance Act claim against the estate of their late long-term partner;
- Advising on a dispute regarding the validity of a will on the grounds of capacity and fraudulent calumny;
- Assisting on a proprietary estoppel claim relating to the residential home;
- Claim under section 50 Administration of Justice Act 1985 to remove the executors of the estate; and
- Dispute regarding the construction of the terms of a will.
Qualifying in 2018, Philippa joined Talbots in 2020 from a local Black Country law firm.
In her spare time Philippa enjoys long walks in the countryside with her two dogs, usually including a stop at a country pub.