Jagdip specialises in commercial litigation and contested probate matters, and has extensive experience in acting for SMEs, partnerships, sole traders and individuals. She works closely with her clients to understand their business and personal needs to achieve a speedy and cost effective resolution, whether that is issuing court proceedings or engaging in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR).
Jagdip has a varied caseload to include landlord and tenant disputes, Companies Act disputes, general property litigation, contract disputes, insolvency disputes and construction disputes to name a few.
Recent examples of work:
- Successfully settled a shareholders dispute involving a family business;
- Settled a contract dispute at mediation valued at £6 million;
- Obtained an injunction to restrain the presentation of a winding up petition;
- Successfully opposed an insolvency act claim relating to transactions at undervalue and preference payments
- Advising clients who were subject to director disqualification proceedings
- Settled a professional negligence claim against an accountant;
- Advising commercial landlords on rent collection and termination of leases during the pandemic;
- Advising clients in partnership disputes, one was settled following a settlement meeting;
- Advising a former employee of a company on his post termination restrictions;
Jagdip has extensive experience in dealing with contentious probate cases, including challenging the validity of wills, claims under the Inheritance Act, and disputes between executors and continues to head the contentious probate team.
A keen advocate of ADR, Jagdip recommends mediation to save her clients costs and maintain commercial and personal relationships.
Jagdip enjoys holidays with her twin daughters and arranging their busy social calendars.