Company Commercial Solicitor
Stourbridge (5 years + PQE)
Due to the continued increase in demand for our commercial and corporate work, an additional solicitor is required to take a leading role within Talbots’ reputable and thriving Commercial team. This varied position involves conducting a varied caseload of company commercial files for clients including sole traders, partners, directors and shareholders. You will cover a wide variety of business matters including sales, mergers, acquisitions and corporate reconstructions, as well as being actively involved in business development.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Commercial solicitor looking to take a prominent role in an established department. Acting for local and national clients on a full range of matters, the team comprises administrators, paralegals, trainee solicitors, lawyers, associates and directors combining strong generalist knowledge as well as niche areas of specialism.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To manage a full caseload of files for clients including company commercial work for sole traders, partners, directors and shareholders.
- To work alongside colleagues in the department, including assisting on sales, mergers and acquisitions of businesses and corporate reconstructions.
- Advising clients on a range of commercial issues including:
- General commercial agreements include: terms of business, supply agreements, distribution agreements, service agreements, franchise agreements;
- Shareholder, LLP and Partnership Agreements
- Company restructures;
- Corporate reconstructions;
- Business sales, mergers and acquisitions;
- Drafting terms and conditions;
- Small business purchases;
- Partnership deeds and issues;
- Company formations and alterations to Articles etc;
- Asset and share purchase agreements;
- Shareholder and warranty disputes;
- General business advice.
Our ideal candidate will be a pro-active and self-motivated local lawyer with:
- A minimum of 5 years PQE with at least 75% of current caseload to be company commercial;
- Excellent client care and business development skills;
- Experience in franchising (desirable) – both in terms of new franchises and transfers;
- A genuine interest in supporting the career development of others i.e. Trainees, Paralegals, lawyers;
Why join Talbots?
We offer competitive salary packages, company pension scheme and excellent career progression prospects.
For more information. to apply or to arrange a confidential and informal conversation about the role please contact Rachel Pardoe in the first instance.
Please note: CVs from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
For more information please contact us